Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Another F.Y.I. Property

229 Stable Rd- $380,000, 2100 sq/ft ($180 per sq/ft), 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, built 2000, on a .146 acre lot.

This house was on the market for 4 days before it went under contract.

So what's the big difference between this house and yesterday's property on (1546 Pathway)? Without going into too many comparisons, I think it's safe to say the biggest differences are the age of the house and the original quality of construction. Stable Rd was built in 2000 and Pathway was built in 1994. Kovens Construction built the home on Stable Rd (the neighborhood is the Cedars at Bolin Forest).

In general, Kovens Construction does larger, more expensive, higher quality construction than the average builder-and the Cedars were no exception. Although I did not go into 229 Stable Rd, I have seen the inside of other homes in this neighborhood and I remember the actual finish of each home being EXCELLENT.

I guess what I am really saying is sometimes you get what you pay for, and sometimes you have to pay for what you want to get.